Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why?

I'm having one of those days where I just want to have things out with God. Why do great people lose babies? I understand the whole "hear but not yet" thing and that Satan definitely has power in this world, but why? You say the word miscarriage around me, and I guarantee you that I will instantly burst in to tears and not be able to stop for a while. I just don't understand it. Why do wonderful women lose babies, it's not right. To be honest, I'm feeling pretty angry with God right now. On top of that, I think I'm going through one of those weeks where I'm really feeling banged against the rocks. I can't stop crying about Ashley and Todd planning their wedding. I'm crushed that kids church went bad because that's the one thing that I'm supposed to be good at, and I put a lot of effort in to last week, and it went horribly. I'm not doing a good job of communicating with a certain person and I feel pretty horrible about that. I know that God is ultimatly good. And I'm reading James 1 trying to come to terms with some stuff. What I really need to do is walk to my bridge in Happy Hollow, sit there, and talk this all out with God. I know I won't get all the answers, but at least a peace about something would be nice.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Unfortunately we don't have the answers...but God does, and someday we'll see it all fit together. Sorry if my mc is the one that is traumatizing you :( Truth be told, I had two amazingly easy pregnancies with both kiddos, so it's not always scary. And Kid's Church always goes better in my head than in reality, so total sympathy--it's never going to be perfect, but even in the mayhem they learn and retain stuff. It's hard when you have visitors that are twice as old as the average kid in the class, so don't be too hard on yourself :)

Hang in there and if you want to talk, give me a call...your walk to Happy Hollow sounds like a good idea, once it stops raining :)

Ann said...

Hey, this blog is partially for you...http://morequestionsthana.blogspot.com/2007/10/when-god-says-no.html