Saturday, October 20, 2007

Great day

Friday was a great day. After my hardest and busiest week of the semester which included 3 exams and 3 projects due plus some extra stuff for the Crisis Center and church this week, Friday at 9:30 am I could finally relax and sleep. I laid on the couch for a while and watched Greys Anatomy and Private Practice, got up and made some lunch, had coffee with Emily which is always awesome, took a 3 hour nap, taught swim lessons and the kids were all in good moods, then went out to dinner and mini-golfing with Eric which was the highlight of the day. Turns out I am really bad at mini golf, and he isn't much better. But I did make the hole in one at the end where you hit it in the clown's mouth! It was a day full of great things.

AND...I had two different people call me wanting to interview me for a job! They both called while I was at work, so I didn't get the message till after 6 when they had left, but I'll call them back first thing Monday. Anyways, the people who called. The first is Debra Corn Agency, Inc. It's a foster care and adoption agency in town. Their little tag line is "treating the whole child in a broken world." I'm pretty pumped about that because from all the research I've done it seems pretty awesome. Vision of Hope also called. That's a new residential treatment center for women that Faith Baptist is opening in December. Also really cool. This one might be more of a stretch because I would have to complete some more school to earn a professional counseling degree, which I don't really want to do. But it sure doesn't hurt to do the interview and find out more. Still praying that God will bring me to the right job.

2 comments:

Ann said...

What an exciting week! I know God has just the right job for you, at just the right time :)

Kim said...

That's so great Mindy! Glad things are looking up!