Sunday, October 28, 2007

Crazy Morning

What a day. Church this morning was great. I loved the sermon, it really fit with what I've been thinking about all week. During second service I sat in the lobby and talked with Lauren and Karissa, and we all just shared stuff that was stressing us out. Then baptisms, always great. For some reason I just lost it during baptisms and was sobbing, but it was a good cry. I'm just going through some weird stuff right now.

After church I really just needed to get away with my thoughts and just spend time with God. I ended up taking a 3 hour walk through Happy Hollow. It was amazing, I cried and prayed for a while. I was feeling really unsettled still as I was walking home, when my iPod switched to the song "You are Redemption". I just started laughing. I was thinking of that squishy sheep petting Jesus, but what I need is the strong powerful God right now. There was one line in the song, "You are the warrior, riding to battle, declaring his love for his bride." My emotions are still all over the place, and I'm trying to work through some stuff, but it's ok, God's riding into battle for me.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Was your family at church? I was with the kids so I didn't really get to see people. Glad you had a good walk!