Saturday, January 12, 2008

Perspective

I got some great perspective on my life tonight. It's been a big week of facing where I've been. Working with some of my kids and foster parents brings up old issues that I have to deal with. Also, I shared all my past junk with Eric which was really hard to do because it's obviously not something that I'm proud of. Eric, in his typical fashion, handled it perfectly. Anyways...for the real story.

Today was my first day volunteering at Vision of Hope with the girls, which I will be doing for 6-10 hours every Saturday. Right now there are only two girls there, as they have been only been open for 6 days(don't worry though, more girls are moving in next week). I really identified with one of the girls, and we were able to have a great conversation. Being able to share with her that God can give you freedom and your life back was great. We had so much in common that it was a little scary. She was glad to know that having an eating disorder for that long doesn't mean your life is over, and that conversation really gave me perspective on how far I've come in the past year. God's brought so much healing and freedom to my life that it makes me tear up when I think about it. Even though it's still hard sometimes, I know that God is good, and way stronger than anything I am coming up against.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad to see God working in your life and that looking back you see evidence of that. Glad too that Eric was so receptive...although I am not really surprised. He's a good guy.

Ann said...

That is so awesome that you are taking this opportunity...may God really bless that time. And glad ot hear Eric is as great as I think he is--I had a guy freak out when I told him things from my past, so I know it does happen.